Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Today I Went to the Dentist...

...but I went to the eye doctor too. Which was good because I needed to get an eye exam anyway since it had been four years.

But the Dentist. Yes, the Dentist. He cleaned my teeth and it didn't hurt. This is really the best dentist of my life. I've been going to him for longer than any other dentist I've ever gone to. And I have to come to Guatemala to go to the dentist.

Two years ago this dentist took out my wisdom teeth. In his dental chair. With only anesthesia and laughing gas. I heard every crack and felt every ounce of pressure he put on those wisdom teeth. And I wouldn't have had it any other way. Plus that the whole cost of my trip down here AND the wisdom teeth extraction was probably less than my co-pay would have been had I had it done in the States. Oh, and any medical stuff we get done on the field is reimbursed 100%.

So this dentist is highly educated in Guatemla, the US, and Europe. Oh and when he took out my wisdom teeth they had just finished making Apocalypto. And he told me all about how he was good friends with Mel Gibson and the guy that produced Apocalypto. That's how awesome this dentist is.

I think I mostly like him because he's way better than the dentist we used to go to when I was little. She was a "pediatric dentist" but she was MEAN. Yeah, I ate a lot of candy so I had a lot of cavities. A lot. Like one time I had 8 cavities at the same time. That's how much candy I ate. Don't blame my parents, it's not their fault. I probably ate twice as much candy as they thought I did. So this mean old lady dentist never gave me enough anesthesia. So I cried and screamed because it hurt when she had to deal with my cavities. In turn, she told me how bad I was. I probably bit her a few times. I hope I did. She was mean because she never gave me enough anesthesia.

Oh, and then, she would ask me if I wanted strawberry flouride or orange flouride. I always asked for strawberry, but she gave me orange EVERY SINGLE TIME. I told you she was mean.

And I think some of the cavities were her fault because no matter how bad she told me I was while she was working on my teeth, or how much nasty orange flouride she gave me, I always managed to get a sucker at the end of it all. So it's all her fault.

Anyway, so now my dentist is super nice. Although, I did figure out later after going to the mean old lady dentist when I was little, that I am extra sensitive to the drilling so every dentist always has to give me twice as much anesthesia because the normal amount doesn't work. But it was still the mean old lady dentist's fault.

0 comments: