Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Should Have Worn Sunscreen...

...But I didn't, so now I'm a lobster. My legs and chest are super sunburned. And they hurt. Back up. Ok, I'm in NC visiting my aunt and uncle, and they live near the beach....and they took me. It was beautiful. I love the beach. I grew up going to the beach. It was a retreat for my family, a place where we could go to relax and have a good time. A place where we found rest.

The beach to me is amazing because it is one of the things in nature that God has given us to reflect His majesty. It represents the end of a continent...how God truly separated water from land when He created the Earth. It is a gem He has given us to enjoy and take care of.

Not only is there the huge ocean and all the sand on the shore...but I have never seen the stars more clearly and beautifully than when I am at the beach...except at this one place in Guatemala I went with my class in high school....another story completely. So at the beach I always contemplate the beauty of God's creation and watching the stars go by and hearing the ocean makes me wonder a lot of things. But I will leave those for a later post...if at all.

So...I'm really sunburned and it hurts. And no I don't want skin cancer.

0 comments: