Thursday, July 24, 2008

Packing up my life...

...yet again. I feel like I've spent almost one fourth of my life packing it up in boxes and suitcases to be moved to another country. This time it's different, though. This time I'm doing it all on my own, and I'm not moving with my family. This time I decided (well God decided) to make the move and I can't wait.

Change and transition are a big deal, and I feel as though I'm going through it already. I think the transition process starts when one makes the decision to transition and announces it to those around them...and the transition process not only happens to the person in transition, but also to those closest to them.

So during this time of transition, I know that not only is this time for me, but also for my roommates (who are in transition themselves).

I really don't know what I'm trying to say here, just that I'm really feeling the pressure these days. I have to turn in my key to the DBU apartments tomorrow and I think that will be sad. That apartment has been my home for 3 years, my roommates have been my sisters, and I just don't see how we are all doing this.

I know what's coming is huge...and it's amazing and I can't wait for it. I can't wait to experience a culture I've never experienced before. I can't wait to learn a language I've hardly heard spoken. I can't wait to see with my own eyes places most people only hear about in movies and on the internet. I'm so excited about what God is going to teach me in the next season of my life. I know sometimes it will be hard. I'll miss my family terribly, but the Lord will be my family and my peace.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

This is big stuff, my dear. I can't believe you're about to turn in your key!