Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Remembering...

When I was in jr. high, I had 2 best friends, Jennifer, and Kara. We were inseparable. We spent the night at eachother's houses every weekend. We had a club called JAK...it stood for Jenn Angela Kara. Yes. We were in jr. high.

Well four years ago, Kara's mom, Lana, went to have surgery (a hysterectomy), and they discovered some very advanced ovarian cancer inside of her. Well through the years since then, she went through several rounds of chemo and radiation. I guess about a year ago, she decided to not do any more chemo, because she knew the cancer would eventually take her life.

Lana went to be with the Lord this morning. I am so sad that my good friend lost her mom at such a young age. I am so sad that more people will not know the joy of having known Lana, for she was the one whose house we wanted to be at because she was always so creative and fun. But I am so honored to have been a person who knew her. And I am so honored to know that she is with the Lord. And I am honored to know that one day, I will see her again.

Please join me in praying for her husband, Greg, their daughter Kara (senior at GA Tech), and their son Tim (who is a jr. in high school) this week as they come to terms with the loss of Lana, but as they also have the opportunity to know that she is no longer suffering or in pain, but she is before the throne of Jesus.

0 comments: