Sunday, April 13, 2008

Burt's Bees Blemish Stick...

So...a few months ago, Ashley recommend the Burt's Bees Blemish stick on her blog, saying it really worked, and all these amazing things about it. I totally believe that it worked for her, so since then, I've been looking at all of the Burt's Bees stands in various retailers.

Yesterday I found ONE at the Super Target at 360 & Camp Wisdom in Grand Prairie. I put it in my basket, paid for it, took it home, removed the tube from the box and placed it in my cosmetics bag.

After washing my face and doing my night time routine, I opened the Blemish Stick and rolled it onto my blemishes. It's supposed to have herbal ingredients that help the redness go away and for the oil in the blemish to diffuse to other parts of the face.

No more than ten minutes later, did I feel my throat and the back of my tongue start to swell up. I made sure I could drink water and eat a cracker (I guess that meant I could go to bed and not worry about dying of suffocation...). Then, without removing the oils from the Blemish Stick from my blemishes, I went to bed thinking the swelling in my throat would go down.

Fast forward to 8:00a.m this morning. I slept well, but when I woke up, I woke to find my throat still swollen. So I went in the bathroom to do my morning routine, which consists of cleaning my face with toner and then proceeding to apply my makeup. No more than ten minutes later I noticed the swelling inside my throat was going down.

It's weird, because I'm not really allergic to many things. Yes, I have allergies like any normal person to things in the air at different times of year. But the only other thing besides this "magical" Blemish Stick that I've ever had a "swollen-throat reaction" to was Salmon.

Yes, friends, I am allergic to Salmon. You can start feeling sorry for me right about now.

So back to the Blemish Stick, I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with it. Obviously I won't use it. Just like I don't eat Salmon. I would like my money back, yes. But do they take back cosmetics that have been used? And I would not want to lie about not having used it.

Anyone want a Blemish Stick? I think I can live without it....

0 comments: