Thursday, March 27, 2008

Overdue Post

So I know that a post on my trip to Honduras is long overdue, so here we go...slowly but surely...

Day 1-Sunday:
On Sunday, we worshiped at Iglesia Bautista Comunión in Tegucigalpa. It was great to be back in Spanish church, as it is where I feel most at home. I was volunteered to share my testimony, and I feel I talked too fast, but since most people on the team don't speak Spanish, no one really told me so. It's ok though, I won't be back for a few years.

My sweet roommate, Courtney and I at a lookout overlooking the city. This was taken after we had an AMAZING typical meal of grilled meat (steak, chicken, sausage), beans, rice, traditional fresh cheese and cream, cooked ripe plantains, and tortillas. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. That's the kind of meal that I live for, my friends!
Overlooking the city...beautiful.


Cataluña, San José, Honduras. This is the community we had the privilege to serve on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. They do not have running water, so on Sunday we went with some members of Comunión to distribute gallon bags of water and New Testaments, and to invite them to the activities we were going to be having for the children and women during the week.

Sunday evening, we went to a service at a church that we have served in the past in a community called Santa Rosa. It is up on a hill outside of Tegucigalpa. The road up there is steep with several switch-back curves. Our bus broke down when we were almost there, and though we got out and prayed that it would turn back on and work to take us the rest of the way, God decided we were going to walk the 500 feet we lacked to get to the church.


The view from Santa Rosa. And no, I didn't play with the colors on my computer. God is so good at giving us beauty to reflect on...

1 comments:

elise said...

yay! i love the pics and the post in general....and you :) i miss you! hopefully we can see each other soon! and, i have the worst memory ever and can't remember the exact dates of the conference but i hope it goes wonderfully :) praying for you.