Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Praying for Union

In case you haven't heard, which I'm sure you have, Union University in Jackson, TN was hit by a tornado last night that severely devastated and damaged the whole campus. Here's a link to some video that I've found on CNN.com about it...

I hope that you will join me in lifting these students up in prayer over the next few weeks.

This situation hits really close to home because of the 2 straight line winds that have damaged some buildings here at DBU since I have been here. I feel like I have taken for granted exactly how lucky we are here at DBU to not have been hit more fiercely by these winds or by an actual tornado.

It also hits close because of peers I have there that I have grown up with or known off and on throughout the years. Being an MK and going to a Baptist University, you find really how small the world is when it comes to these situations.

My heart really goes out to those guys and I hope and pray that they can be compensated for the belongings they lost in last night's storm, but more importantly that they will realize how blessed they are that no one was killed or injured too severely, and that they got through this with grace and courage.

0 comments: